Thursday, March 7, 2013

Angel Eyes



Angel Eyes - Shannon Dittemore



After chasing her dreams in the city, the world falls apart for Brielle. Now she's home, but she's cold, always cold. Then a new boy comes to school, Jake, but there's something different about him. He's hot, in more way than one. His hand's are warm, very warm. Brielle discovers she too has a gift – and she's not sure she likes it.

The Bad:
I truly don't have much to say that is bad about this book. I'm trying not to get book one and two mashed together in my head, but there was one thing I disagreed with. The author described hell or the abyss, as a holy fire. Basically, it's supposed to be God's goodness multiplied so much that it burns those who followed darkness. I don't necessarily agree with the author on this. From what I understand in the Bible, hell is the absence of God, thus, nothing good is there. (I'm going to look this up for sure and try to post some Bible references).

The Good:
I love so much about this book it's hard to know where to start. The story starts out a little depressing, but I love the mysteriousness of it. There is the battle between good and bad, angels and demons. I love how the author describes the celestial, that is, the spiritual world. Yes, there is a bit of romance, but the relationship is so sweet. Jake is definitely one of my favorite characters. He's funny, caring, and full of faith, just what Brielle needs at the time in her life. I could talk on and on about the book but I'd hate to give anything away just in case you read it. (Sorry if I sound a little scatter brained right now. Music is playing and people are talking in the same room I'm writing.) I would probably say this would be a good read for ages 14 & up.

Update: Dad helped me finally find the verse I was looking for. Check out: 2 Thess. 1:8-10a

No comments:

Post a Comment