Sunday, March 24, 2013

Precisely Terminated (#1 Cantral Chronicles)

#1: Precisely Terminated  -     
        By: Amanda Davis

Precisely Terminated - Amanda L. Davis (Teen author, yay!)

My Summary: In the bleak future of this world, microchips are implanted in the skulls of every human in order to "keep order." In reality, however, the chips only serve to unjustly enslave mankind. The only hope for the Cillinese is Monica, a teen who escaped without a chip. Since the computers can't detect her presence, it's up to her to save her city.

Cons: If I have to come up with a con, the only thing I have to say is that sometimes the large number of characters was hard to keep track of. I would run across a name I knew I was supposed to have remembered from earlier, but I'd have no clue who they were and what they had done earlier that was so important. I lost them somewhere between other newly introduced characters. This wasn't a huge problem though, and since Monica was doing a lot of traveling, she had to meet a lot of different people. (Oh and I guess there were a few places where the description of some of Monica's wounds grossed me out, but that's just me. I just get light headed when people talk about blood. I don't think I would make a good doctor...)

Pros: I thoroughly enjoyed this book! Despite being a dystopian book and being very depressing at times, there is always a ray of hope around the corner. I would consider the theme of the book very Christian: sacrificing your own desires and comfort, in order to bring relief to others. This book was amazing! Don't underestimate young writers! I give this book five stars and would suggest this to teens and up, and perhaps a little younger too. I mean, I think my almost 10 year-old sister could handle it; but sometimes it just depends on the kid. The cruel way the slaves are treated in the book can be disturbing, but this book was very encouraging compared to the Hunger Games.

Please read this book!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment