Monday, March 4, 2013

The Witness

                                    Summary:
Front CoverPolice Chief Luke Granger's witness to a murder, Amy Griffin, has been on the run for years. Her family thinks she was murdered eight years ago, but Amy chose to accept a life in the shadows in order to protect her sisters' lives. Now unveiled secrets about their father have thrust the sisters into the public spotlight. The man who wants Amy dead now sees her sisters as the way to locate her. Luke and two of his homicide detectives are determined to stand in the way. They are each falling in love with a different sister, and it's become a personal mission to keep them safe. But chances are that at least one of them will fail, and facing the future will take a faith deeper than any of them currently knows (from amazon.com).


Cons:
I felt like through the whole book that the Christianity side of things was forced.  It seemed like the writer pushed it to the sidelines and then brought it in at random times without a real focus in mind.  A good question or two came up, but that was about it. 

Pros:
I'm not a big romance person, but I love how Dee Henderson mixes romance with suspense.  It makes it much easier to read and much more enjoyable.  I also loved how I was unable to predict certain things that were going to happen (my pulse hiked once I was so startled).

Over all I would give this book four stars.  I really loved it, however, like I said, there were certain things I was disappointed with.  I would certainly suggest it to anyone who loves suspense and romance.

Recommended for ages 15 and up.    

No comments:

Post a Comment